Friday, March 20, 2009

Devil

It took me some minutes to completely come to my senses, which incidentally, were not human at all; I felt imbued with a grandiose, atrocious power. I was no longer that miserable and sleazy human, whose feeble being I had been embodying for the last 3 months. I smirked to myself, laughter resounded as a harbinger in every nook and cranny, wretchedness and wrath of never ending flare echoed alongside agony and dolor from the undead, choiring for my return and fully-awaken form , the wraith was no other but my ever loyal servant, who, following its master orders, oversaw the whole process I underwent in hands of my executioner , it was its command coupled with its meddlesome nature that characterized it, which ensured the fulfilment and success of my scheme; if not performed in due course and time, my beingness would have been obliterated, let alone my demon status.

The concoction that was injected into my veins as a human was actually a bane forged by alchemy of Citrine (a valuable ore in the underworld) and souls of the damned, meant to demolish the temporal bridge between the demon and human worlds, by means of this link, my consciousness could trek in the portal, and ultimately reach the mind of a human, among the eligible were those that befit in the malevolent category, those with a heart so dark that makes their takeover a wholly delightful pleasure to be enjoyed with parsimony, after my possession they did not come back to their former selves, they became informers in disguise, with no mind of their own, merely pawns degrading themselves to putrescent organic matter, capable of widespreading my dominion by means of contagion through the miasma pouring out eventually, lethal as a virus.

My sought-after goal was undoubtedly to establish a permanent demon-human nexus, spreading havoc in that world corrupted by vengeance and prone to a state of decay, after all, both legacies lingers within me, mingling in my hybrid blood. Eagerness started it all, as I, in my seek-out for power in order to abolish the titanic boundaries to open a gateway, devised this scheme, comprising two trials that ancient demidevils and demigods prepared in anticipation, one as a human, the other as a demon.

Alas, to my distress, there was a constituent I was not able to obtain comfortably for the human phase, the memento my mother gave the two of us... my brother and I, he kept both shards as keepsake, in the backside our names engraved "Daedalus and Dagfinn"...

No comments:

Post a Comment